Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chera and Eric's Wedding 8/8/09

On Saturday, August 8, 2009, my very best and longest friend, Chera got married. It was a beautiful day - with a beautiful garden ceremony - with the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. She really was a modern day princess! The day went so smoothly - all to Chera's amazing planning abilities! We started the day out with our hair appointments, then makeup, then a secret trip to the hotel to decorate the suite, then to the Delaney house to get ready for the ceremony. Champagne toasts were present everywhere - along with the customary green grapes! (From dance competition days.) Perhaps my most memorable moment was when we were all heading out to the garden where the ceremony was to be held; Chera was preparing to get into the horse-drawn carriage that would bring her there; there were five or six little girls outside the hotel. I whispered to Chera: " You know what is really cool? Those girls are now going to grow up dreaming to be just like you one day!" This moment will always stick out in my mind. The ceremony went on with great moments all along the way: "Going to the Chapel" playing as we walked down the asile (Chera and my first dance when I was 3 years old), Chera giving me a tissue because I was crying during the ceremony, and me dancing with Chera's train over my shoulder because the bustle had fallen out at a really good song! All in all, the day was just magical. I am so humbled to have had the place of Maid of Honor as my best friend took her wedding vows. I wish them the very happiest of years together!



The following 3 posts are pictures from the rehersal dinner and wedding day. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Jamie, I love this post! Thank you for EVERYTHING that you did to make my day perfect, I don't think I would have made it through without you. You thought of everything and went above and beyond from the little gifts, to the special things you said, to dancing the night away with you. You will always be my best friend and can't thank you enough for everything that you did! Love you!!!

    P.S. I will always remember the little girls too. I think at the moment you said that to me and seeing them there I knew I could make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for sending me such a wonderful Godchild xoxo Auntie Debbie

    ReplyDelete